Sunday 10 November 2013

Day 26


07:30 Mark is 4 miles into day 26. He's still in a lot of pain with his foot but is determined to reach Eucla today - 41 miles away #rgrdownunder

08:45 - "Morning! Just found out the @jasonstobbs flip flops were œ17!! #stobbsytales"

"In other news, 10 painful miles done. Just had 2nd breakfast. Painkillers taken."

"@jasonstobbs sucked his thumb until his teens and it's damaged. #stobbsytales"

"Think I'll be in range of #eucla comms mast soon."

"Over that hill is another long and straight road. #eyrehighway #nullarbor #rgrdownunder"


"Day 26 - Mile 11 - I'm expecting a good view over the horizon. #eyrehighway #mundrabilla #nullarbor"


"The cliffs to me left give me a feeling of progress. #eyrehighway #mundrabilla #nullarbor #rgrdownunder"


"Painkillers have kicked in. Can't feel a thing in my feet. This is bliss. Going to have to take 4 lots today to get to #eucla."

"Time to raise my game with the #roadtrain drivers. #fistpumps and #salutes for starters."

"Deep in thought today about what I'm going to tell @GaryandLisaReal on Monday's show and how I'm going to say it. It's going to be tough."

"Good progress today thanks to #painkillers. 40km to #eucla #nullarbor #eyrehighway"


11:15 - "15 miles done. Just ducked into the RV. Waiting for a shower to pass over. Not risking getting my feet wet. Don't want more problems."

"Shower passed over. Back out to it."

"Managed to catch up with messages on uk.virginmoneygiving.com/rungeordierun during the last break. Thanks everyone for charity cash and kind messages."

"Day 26 - Here comes the rain again."


"21 miles done. Painkillers wore off during the last mile. Horrible pain. Just taken more. Back on the road on the way to #Eucla."

"Protection from the sun and wind. #nullarbor"


"Road trains always give me plenty of room when safe to do so. #roadtrain #nullarbor #eyrehighway"


"I can see a strange land mass in the distance. Coastline perhaps? #eucla #eyrehighway #nullarbor"


"Day 26 - 891 miles done so far. Will break through 900 miles near #eucla #eyrehighway #nullarbor" 


"Getting slightly closer to strange coloured land mass. It's still a long way away"


".. and Mysterious Girl plays on #now57 on the iPod. Could this afternoon BE any better!"

"The land mass in the distance is starting to look like chalky cliffs. These are the same eyes that saw a monkey in dungarees 2 weeks ago."

"It has been very windy this afternoon. That means I haven't seem a single one of Australia's foot soldiers (flies)."

"Meanwhile, in #stobbsytales, #japanesealan told me that @jasonstobbs oriental tattoo translates to "I love Lottie". #true #honest"

"I've been talking to #japanesealan via Facebook today who is still injured and resting in #mundrabilla. He hits the road again tomorrow."

16:35 - "898 miles done so far. (30 today) - day 26"


"Stopping for food at mile 899. Running into the #nullarbor wind is so energy sapping. #eucla is 4.3 miles away."

"Forgot to offer @jasonstobbs one of my M&Ms. He's giving me the evils. #stobbsytales"

"Food break over. Time to smash the 900 mile barrier. #rgrdownunder with @drivebenfield"

"Day 26 - 1725 local time - #eucla #eyrehighway - 900 miles of #rgrdownunder with drivebenfield completed. "


"Please donate to @tcfcharity @sbrfoundation Please please please.  uk.virginmoneygiving.com/rungeordierun"

"@JasonStobbs is off to #Eucla for a feast to celebrate 900 miles done. He must be hungry poor lad. #stobbsytales"

"I thought that looked chalky. The blue dot is my current position. #eucla #rgrdownunder #eyrehighway"


"I can see the sea. I can see the sea. I can see the see to my right. I can see the sea!!!"


"Sunset at #eucla @australia #eyrehighway #nullarbor"


"Re: earlier #stobbsytales tattoo tweet. @JasonStobbs girlfriend has just text him asking "Who's Lottie?". That is too funny! #aufpet"

"Last bit of light at the top of the hill in #eucla."


"@JasonStobbs tells me the fish and chips in #Eucla are good. I'm getting some! I'm stopping here. 36.5 done."

"Thank you! RT @RuthieMPearce: @rungeordierun Hope this little message helps you on your way today! :-) "

"It turns out that @jasonstobbs favourite band is #enya. Who knew! #stobbsytales"

"@jasonstobbs is in his element. #enya is being played in the restaurant. "It's her difficult 2nd album". #stobbsytales"

"@jasonstobbs is recounting his first date with #Brenda (Fiona). A romantic walk in Saltwell Park (in January!!). #stobbsytales"

"Lights out in #eucla. Only 7 miles to the quarantine checkpoint and South Australia in the morning. Good night!"

Mark will be speaking to Gary and Lisa from Real Radio North East (100-102 fm) just after 7am tomorrow morning.  You can listen online here.