Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day 64 - Aches and pains

Day 64 started in cool temperatures with the threat of rain. I was only a mile into the day when the rain started and I must say that I've never been so pleased to see a spot of rain after the last week's scorching heat.


I met the RV at the 11 mile point where a couple of young people (Cody and Megan) were selling Jam (See day 64's photo of the day further down). They were raising money to help put themselves through college. We bought a few jars which will be used in the Peanut Butter and Jam (jelly!) sandwiches which I have from time to time.


I could barely get my legs going during the second session of the day and the further I went the worse I became. By the time I ran through Hiawatha I was struggling big time. My legs were aching really really badly.




I got to the 25.5 mile point and I could go no further. I hurried into the RV where I quickly climbed on the bed in agony. I had shooting pains in almost every part of my legs. This was a first on this tour and hopefully the last time. I went to sleep with icy towels and ice packs on my legs. I also had a larger than normal dose of Cherry Active to help the aches and pains. Needless to say I slept like a baby!