Monday 7 June 2010

Cast sponsor sought!

I started looking for a sponsor for my new black and white striped plaster cast this morning while waiting for an x-ray in the Fracture Clinic. As well as having their name or company logo on my cast, the eventual winner will get a lot of exposure on my blog, Twitter, Facebook and hopefully in the local press. I was contacted by the Evening Chronicle this morning asking for an interview. I'll be certain to mention it to them when the interview happens.

It goes without saying that all proceeds will go to St Benedict's Hospice (Charity No. 1019410) and The Children's Foundation (Charity No. 1000013).

The Run Geordie Run cast sponsorship auction via Twitter started with a £1 bid from @katmckenzie_uk. This was soon followed with a £3 bid from @ELClovesyou.

@davebaldwin upped the ante somewhat with a £13.80 bid. That's 20 US dollars in his currency. It didn't stay at that amount for long and @HowaytheToon bid £20.

"Very pleased with that!" I thought but still I asked for more via Twitter. @katmckenzie_uk came back with a £25 bid. 30 minutes later the auction stood at £30 with a bid from @HighlightsPR. At the time of writing, that's where the auction sits.

Thanks to everyone for their bids. If anyone would like to bid £35 then please get in touch via Twitter or email me at sponsorship@rungeordierun.com.