Wednesday 24 March 2010

An invitation.

I was very flattered this week when I was invited, by the organisers, to take part in the very first Wales Marathon. The run is in September and  "the course will start in Tenby and follow the coast road out and turn at Manorbier beach under the castle! Then the course will return via the ridgeway, with stunning views accross the bay, before finally finishing in Tenby's Tudor square.".

Despite having ran nearly 50 marathon distances in my "career" this will be only the fifth official one I have ever done. The others being London and New York both twice each.

My best official time for a marathon is 05:05:30. Surely, I can beat that time in Wales! Watch this space!

In the meantime, a big thank you to Activity Wales for their very kind invitation. I'm very much looking forward to taking part. I'd better start training!