Saturday 31 October 2009

Finally catching up with things!

Apologies to my regular readers for the lack of updates but it been manic in the Run Geordie Run camp recently! As I predicted 3 weeks ago, I was in for a hectic time in weeks 50, 51 and 52. Little did I realise at the time that the reason for that would be living in Newcastle while our house is re-decorated. Also, I've spent far too much time in the office than I would have liked.

Living in the City Centre has it's benefits but with me being the Country Mouse that I am I haven't taken to it at all well. This is mainly because getting any lengthy period of unbroken sleep is an impossibility. I've never been so tired! If they say that New York is the city that never sleeps then Newcastle can't be that far behind! Things came to a head (excuse the pun!) last Sunday when I had a massive Migraine. It wasn't until Thursday until the full effects of it had gone and I was able to run again! It wasn't just a lack of sleep that contributed to this most spectacular of headaches. I hadn't had any coffee for 8 days and the withdrawal symptoms, as they have in the past, hit me very very hard. I'm going to stay away from coffee now! Although, I will be still using the energy gels that contain caffeine. I'll see how I get on with those and if there are any adverse effects I'll seek an alternative kind.

We are moving to the Gateshead side of the Quayside on Monday night which will hopefully be quieter. This is about 5 miles from work so, thanks to Katy agreeing to do a few more school runs, I should be able to get a few more miles in over the coming fortnight. Every cloud and all that!