Wednesday 30 September 2009

Another 13 done.

Things aren't going to plan this week but I'm doing as much running as I can, when I can. I've managed 2 x 13 mile runs so far. I'm pleased to say that I'm getting quicker! Last Thursday was my first attempt at a 13 mile course around the streets of Fawdon, Gosforth, Sandy Lane, Longbenton and Jesmond. I was still heavy legged from the previous Sunday's 37 mile run and it took me 02:15:54 to get round! I tried the route again on Monday this week and managed a slight improvement at 02:07:13.

I didn't get away from the office until gone half 4 tonight and had planned to do the route again. However, I knew I would have to improve on Monday's time otherwise I'd miss the start of the match! And improve on that time I did with a sub 2 hour time (01:57:57). I'm not sure where the extra pace came from today. I'm putting it down to the fact that I didn't want to miss the start of the match. I made it to my seat with 4 minutes to spare!