Thursday 5 February 2009

Blood, sweat but no tears in week 14.

Training is going very well this week with 30 miles done and 30 miles still to do. The highlight of the week so far has been a PB of 01:12:14 for the popular 8.4 mile route up to the Havannah Nature Reserve. This was Wednesday's run and it wasn't without incident! About 5.5 miles into the run, I tripped on a stone jutting out of the ground and went flying! My leg was in a right state with a steady stream of blood pouring down the front into my trainers. I picked myself up and managed to put in some quick final miles to register yet another PB. This was not only down to adrenalin but Carlton and Jeff's fine pace setting.

I should be at 40 miles for the week by this stage but the snow and ice around Shotley Bridge and a few more unplanned school runs have put paid to that. A repeat of today's 10.4 mile run tomorrow lunchtime will see me break over 40 miles for the week, leaving 20 to do this weekend. I've got every chance of getting the planned 60 miles in and this will mean I can enjoy next week's gym classes and cross training all the more.