Tuesday 2 September 2008

More brilliant fundraising news!

Great news today!  The Northern Rock Foundation have agreed to match the first of 2 applications in respect of this year's Pennine Challenge.  This equates to £821 and gives us a total raised so far of £2,121.  

The second application, if successful, would see the total amount raised this year stand at £2600.  Fingers crossed!

Meanwhile, I managed my 2nd 5 mile run of the week at lunchtime today.  It was another slow one and presented few problems in the Gosforth rain.  

I have the consultation with David Fairlamb and Mark Fleming tomorrow so I'll be doing my 5 mile run before I drop Jack off at school and go to work.  Getting up early to do a run is one of the biggest challenges I've faced in a long old while.  Being able to train at this time of the day is going to be the key to being able to fit all of the required mileage in.