Sunday 7 September 2008

Beyond my years!

The initial consultation with Mark Fleming and David Fairlamb went ahead as planned last Wednesday.  Part of this meeting was a test using a body composition monitor.   The results from this test didn't make for great reading but that's not too worrying as there will be so much progress to be made over the next 3 years.  Anyway, the main stats were that my metabolic age is 52, body fat is 28.6% and my weight is 105.6 kg!

David said that I shouldn't entertain doing the big mileage in training until I at least lose some weight.  That was tough news to take given that I had planned to start training this week and already had a couple of runs under my belt.   But take the news I did and I've started the hard task of trying to get below 100 kg.  I hope to manage to do this before my original planned training start date in November.   It doesn't mean I'll be working any less hard than planned for the next 2 months.  It just means that I'll be working very hard in a way that will be putting less pressure on my joints.