Thursday 9 August 2007

Day 34 - Inspiring emails and text messages.

I'd like to take time out to say thank you to everyone who has sent me text messages and emails during the course of the run. I've had hundreds to read. Brilliant.

Yesterday, I received a very touching and inspiring email from fellow Newcastle supporter Jill Morris (East Stand Paddock). Jill - thank you for email. The family that you have sadly lost through cancer will most definitely be on my mind as I run towards Lands End. I'll look out for you on August 18th at the Villa game.

As you can probably tell from the time of this posting, today will be a later than usual start. The aim is to do at least 25 miles today. It's the westbound A30 all the way now so I'll be re-acquainting myself with grass verges for the foreseeable future. At least I'll be able to see them today!

Thanks to the new sponsors for getting the total close to £18,467. Expect emails of thanks when I get back to the Promised Land.