Tuesday 7 August 2007

Day 32 - Backed by Devon and Cornwall's finest!

I must admit, I've always had a soft spot for a lady in uniform! While waiting to pay for my beans on toast (coach take note!), a very kind Police officer made a donation to the cause.

I went on to explain to her what I was doing and the reasons why and she seemed very impressed. She had recently completed a charity run herself; a local Race for Life event.

I was taken aback by her pledge. It's these unexpected random acts of kindness that really put a spring in my step.

I've encountered a few guardian angels over the last 726 miles. I hope there are a few more like this before I finish the run on Sunday. With support like this, it's no wonder I'm continuing to win the mental battle day after day after day.

In the meantime, it's back to business 3 miles west of Taunton on the A38. The run will make it's way to Tiverton and beyond with a scheduled start time of 10:30.