Friday 20 April 2007

Raring to go.......

Due to the injury that I picked up on Wednesday, I haven't done any exercise for the last 2 days. I've enjoyed the rest though! I'm now pleased to report that, after a fitness test, the pain in my groin and leg seems to have gone. And when I say fitness test, I mean that I raced Jack to the school gates when I picked him from school. He won, as per usual!

So I'm all set for a long run in the morning with "The Coach". The plan is to run part of my John O'Groats to Lands End route (Day 16). We'll be starting off at Castleside and the minimum distance thereafter will be 10 miles to Stanhope. Any mileage achieved after that will be a bonus. I fancy at least trying to make it to the first summit after Stanhope (pictured). I'm interested to see how I'll cope with that 17% climb out of Stanhope after 10 miles of running. I think the answer will be probably just as badly as the last 2 Sundays when I've ran up it!