Wednesday 30 October 2002

Langwathby to Hartside Cafe

Due to an appointment with the midwife in the afternoon I had only a short time to reach the summit at Hartside.

The conditions at the start in Langwathby were cold and foggy and the only inspiration came from Katy who was doing a good job keeping my spirits up.

Right from the start, I could see the cafe at Hartside, high up in the hills through the fog.

Thanks must go again to another farmer for the use of his field. I think I'll only have 2 Weetabix tomorrow!

This was the hardest part of the run so far and finished with an off road climb of 5 miles. Which was nice.

There was a particular scary moment as I crossed a ravine with a 30 foot drop either side and just a thin path to cross it on. I made it across safely though.

There was just time for a nice cuppa and a scone in the cafe that I'd had my sights set on for the last 3 hours.