Thursday 31 October 2002

Hartside Cafe to Allenheads

The weather was glorious today and a quick decent into Garigill was easily achieved.

I'd got 1 mile into the run and had to use, not a farmers field but a deserted house, that looked like the local shop from the League of Gentlemen TV show. Very scary, particularly on Halloween.

Once again I paused at the top of the hill past Garigill and took in how far I'd run. I could actually still see the cafe at Hartside almost 10 miles away and was pretty sad to leave this particular view behind.

There were 2 major climbs today. 1 out of Garigill and 1 out of Nanthead up to the highest point on the C2C route.

The final decent into Allenheads was a lonely one with only very nervous sheep to keep me company. I should have gone on a further couple of miles today but quite frankly I couldn't be bothered. 5 days and 86 miles had taken there toll on my very tired legs.